Are you interested in becoming a foster or adoptive parent?
If you would like to learn more about how to begin the process to become a foster and/or adoptive parent in Arizona, please call 1-877-KIDS-NEED-U, or attend one of our monthly informational meetings. Meetings are held at various times and locations around the city. See the schedule with locations and times.
Requirements to Become a Licensed Foster Parent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- May be single, married, or co-habitating
- Must demonstrate financial stability
- Everyone 18+ will be must submit a Criminal History Self-Disclosure and submit fingerprints to Department of Public Safety
- Everyone 18+ must submit a physician’s statement
- Must provide the names of five personal references
- Must complete a 30 hour pre-service education training
- The applicant’s home will be inspected by Office of Licensing, Certification, and Regulation. Each child must have a bed and dresser or closet space. 6 and under male and female may share a bedroom after 6 same gender can share a room. Children 8+ can sleep on the top bunk bed
- A minimum of two home visits will be made to complete the home study process….of three home visits
- Will undergo a Child Protective Services/Adult Protective Services background check